About The Position
About the role and the team
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team and help design, implement and support our global infrastructure.
You have great attention to detail, deep technical knowledge, you can work with minimal supervision, and are fun to work with—come join our ride!
What will you do?
● Design and implement the internal and external routing policies
● Design and build a fault-tolerant network
● Traffic engineering and performance optimization to deliver the best experience possible to our users worldwide
● Work with internal teams and third parties to deploy new sites across the world
● Implement new peering and transit provider links
You will be great for this role if you have-
● 4+ years of experience deploying and managing global networks: network design, deployment, operations and troubleshooting, including routing protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP
● Hands-on experience with global internet routing, peering and transit providers, and traffic engineering
● Experience with flow telemetry tools
● You are familiar with the Unix CLI, and have some experience writing scripts and tools related to network management
● Knowledge of the Linux network stack
● Experience with field-based work in data centers, and working with data center operators
● Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
● Excellent teamwork skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why join our team at Qwilt?
● Unique opportunity to work on truly disruptive software and cloud services
● Get hands-on experience with edge cloud services technology
● Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
● Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of professionals.
Qwilt is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Qwilt.